The Department of Communication and Technology at National Chiao Tung University invitesapplications for two open rank/tenure track positions.Successful candidates will help shape the future of Communication and Technology Research, with a focus on both media culture, and communication and technology in diverse forms and contexts.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree (or ABD status). Candidates must show evidence of or an ability to develop an independent research program and effective teaching. Applications will be evaluated beginning August25th, 2016.
1. Areas of interest:
(1) Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations
(2) Internet and Mobile Technologies
(3) All areas related to Communication Technologies
2. Position: Open rank (Assistant/Associate/FullProfessor)
3. The appointment will beginon Feb. 1st, 2017.
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields
(2) Candidates with ABD status will also be reviewed
(3) Researchers or faculty in other universities or research institutes
5. Documents Required (Three copies are required)
(1)CV and Basic Information
A.Application Form (see the attached)
B. Diploma (or proof ofa Ph.D. degree)
C. Applicants who graduated after year 2013 should submit an
D. Certificate of Appointment (for those who are currently
employed byother universities)
(2) Publications, Projects and Honors
A. Dissertation (Only for those who are not yet an
B. Samples of research: Articles published in the past 5 years
(3) Courses and Academic Planning
A. Statement of research interests and future research agenda
(Applicants with expertisein Hakka research, please provide
B. 2 Syllabi (Please refer to our course plans. Please provide at
least one syllabus for one of our required courses.)
(4) Letters of recommendation
A. 2 recommendation letters are required for applicants who are
not yet an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor.The sealed letters
should be sent or emailed as PDF files to the chair of the
department directly by the referees.
B. For applicants who are already an Assistant/Associate/Full
Professor, please provide the names and contact information of two references.
6. Application Deadline：August25, 2016 by postal submission (must be postmarked by August25, 2016)
(1) Please mark your envelope: "For faculty recruitment." Please send
your application documents to the following address: Department of Communication and Technology, No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302, Taiwan, R.O.C.
(2) The documents will not be returned.
(3) For questions, please contact:
Ms. Hsin-Yu Chung, +886-3-513-1513, Email:
or the Chair of Department of Communication and Technology:
Dr. J. Sonia Huang, +886-3-571-2121, ext. 58712,
National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) is one of the top research-oriented universities in Taiwan and it emphasizes research excellence in all fields. NCTU is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. NCTU seeks a wide range of applicants for these positions. Please see more at: http://dct.nctu.edu.tw.