Two Open RankFaculty Positionsin the Department of Communication and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
The Department of Communication and Technology at National Chiao Tung University invites applications for two open rank/tenure track positions. Successful candidates will help shape the future of Communication and Technology Research, with a focus on both media cultureand communication technology in diverse forms and contexts.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree (or ABD status). Candidates must show evidence of or an ability to develop an independent research program and effective teaching. Applications will be evaluated beginning March 24th, 2017.
1. Areas of interest:
(1) Human-Computer Interaction, Emerging Media Technology
Production (web technologies、AR、VR、App)
(2) Interactive Advertising, Digital Marketing, and Public Relations
(3) All areas related to Communication Technologies
2. Position: Open rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor)
3. The appointment will begin on Aug. 1st 2017 or Feb. 1st 2018.
(1) PhD degree holders of related fields
(2) Candidates with ABD status will also be reviewed
(3) Researchers or faculty in other universities or research institutes
5. Documents Required (Three copies are required)
(1) CV and Basic Information
A. Application Form (see the attached)
B. Diploma (or proof ofa Ph.D. degree)
C. Applicants who graduated after year 2013 should submit an official
D. Certificate of Appointment (for those who are currently employed
by other universities)
(2) Publications, Projects and Honors
A. Dissertation (Only for those who are not yet an
B. Samples of research: Articles published in the past 5 years
(maximum: 5 articles)
(3) Courses and Academic Planning
A. Statement of research interests and future research agenda
(Applicants with expertisein Hakka research, please provide further
B. 2 Syllabi (Please refer to our course plans. Please provide at least
one syllabus for one of our required courses.)
(4) Letters of recommendation
A. 2 recommendation letters are required for applicants who are not
yet an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor.The sealed letters should
be sent or emailed as PDF files to the chair of the department
directly by the referees.
B. For applicants who are already an Assistant/Associate/Full
Professor, please provide the names and contact information of two
6. Application Deadline：March 24, 2017 by postal submission
(1) Please mark your envelope: "For faculty recruitment." Please send
your application documents to the following address: Department of
Communication and Technology, National Chiao Tung University,
No.1, Sec. 1, Liujia 5th Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302,
(2) The documents will not be returned.
(3) For questions, please contact:
Ms. Hsin-Yu Chung, +886-3-513-1513,
or the Chair of Department of Communication and Technology:
Dr. J. Sonia Huang, +886-3-571-2121, ext. 58712,
National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) is one of the top research-oriented universities in Taiwan and it emphasizes research excellence in all fields. NCTU is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. NCTU seeks a wide range of applicants for these positions. Please see more at: http://dct.nctu.edu.tw.